STRESS AWARENESS MONTH: Ways to help regain connectivity, certainty and control
Stress awareness month 2021
April marks Stress Awareness Month, it has been held annually since 1992 to increase public awareness about the causes and cures for our modern stress epidemic.
According to the Mental health Foundation 74% of UK adults have felt so stressed at some point over the last year they felt overwhelmed or unable to cope. Stress can play a major part in developing mental health issues such as anxiety and depression.
It can also be linked to physical health problems such as heart disease, insomnia and digestive problems.
For 2021 the theme for stress awareness month with stress.org.uk is ‘Regaining Connectivity, Certainty and Control’.
Here are a list of ways that may help with reducing stress:
- Keep active - this will help clear your thoughts.
- Connect with others - It may not be easy to physically meet with others at the moment but a phone call or a video call might be just what you need.
- Self care - Look after yourself. We all need to think more about self care. Take time out of your day to relax or do something that you enjoy.
- Eat well - Eating well will boost your energy and help you to repair
- Breathe - Take 10 minutes out of your day to meditate, relax and breathe.
- Learn to say no - It's okay to say no sometimes, it doesn't mean you are selfish, it helps you to free your time and pursue what is healthy for you.
For more information or to join in with 'Stress.org's' 30 day challenge: Click here!
Watch the channel on TV